After being approached by the founder of Catch of the Day, I was asked to create a homewares themed blog to support the launch of a new homewares website from the Catch Group.
I took on this project during 2014 as a part-time contractor and created the ‘West Avenue Style Blog”.
Running this blog involved planning editorial content to tie in the West Avenue e-commerce site, produce daily articles on topics including but not limited to interior design, homewares, styling, recipes, industry interviews and behind the scenes content.
I also contributed to creating the West Avenue Pinterest and Instagram, working alongside a social media team to grow a following for the blog.
During this 6-month project, I created 185 posts for the blog.
With permission from West Avenue, I have reproduced some of the best pieces of content from the West Avenue Blog:
EXPERT GUEST POSTS and Interviews:
- Melbourne Interior Designer Camilla Moulders
- West Avenue chats to Dani Wales
- 5 Tips For Creating the Perfect Bedroom with Mexsii
- The Power of Black and White with Amanda Bennett
- Citrus Rhubarb Bundt Cake – Winter Baking
- Corn Fritters with Basil Pesto
- Beetroot Risotto with Goat’s Cheese
- Panko Crumbed Dory with Apple Spinach Salad
- Sweet Quesadillas
- Haymes Colour Forecast 2015
- Keith Brymer Jones
- Keep Cups
- Melbourne’s Sensory Lab
- Layer your bed in 5 steps
In 2015, Catch Group made the decision to stop work on the West Avenue Blog, and as I result I am no longer producing work for this project.
View the West Avenue Blog